Truckload of manure dumped near CHP ‘March of Justice’ camp in Düzce

An unidentified person dumped a truckload of manure near Turkey@s main opposition Republican People’s Party (CHP) “March for Justice” camp in Düzce on Tuesday that fueled anger among CHP supporters.

According to HaberTürk daily website, a truck dumped the manure on a road in Cumhuriyet neighborhood where CHP Chairman Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu and CHP supporters camp as part of the“March for Justice” which was initiated by Kılıçdaroğlu on June 16 in response to the arrest of CHP deputy Enis Berberoğlu.

After CHP deputies and supporters who participate to the march reached local authorities and reacted against it saying it is a provocative action, Düzce Fire Department cleaned the road.

CHP deputy Eren Erdem told Doğan news agency that the incident took place around 9:30 pm local time when Kılıçdaroğlu was resting in his camp van.

Police officers who provide security for the camp rushed after the truck however, it was found deserted a 500 meters away from the camp. Police launched an investigation to find the person who dumped the manure on the road.

Underlining that the incident was a provocative action against the march Erdem said “they won’t find any person in the [CHP] camp provoked.”

However, on Wednesday, the driver of the truck who dumped manure near CHP’s “March for Justice” camp in the northwestern province of Düzce on Tuesday and two of his friends were detained. In addition, a fine of TL3,000 was imposed on the driver, according to HaberTürk daily website.

Also on Wedenesday morning, the 14th day of a “March for Justice”, a bullet was found on the side of a road shortly after CHP leader Kılıçdaroğlu and the participants of the march began walking in the northwestern province of Düzce, Hürriyet daily has reported. Participants of the march said the bullet was fired from the inside of a car passing by them.

In a statement he made before continuing the march on Wednesday, Kılıçdaroğlu warned against provocations and said the participants of the march should only applaud when they are faced with criticism or protests. “We will resolutely continue our march towards İstanbul in joy. May no one prevent this, we are prepared against all sorts of crackdowns and provocations,”said Kılıçdaroğlu.

Kılıçdaroğlu’s statement he made to the press was briefly as follows: “Our march is being more fruitful and beautiful each passing day. There are sometimes incidents occurring which you witness as well but our hands will never be raised for violence. On the contrary me, my fellows and the citizens who join the march applaud all together after every provocation. This is an example of our passion for justice. We will resolutely continue our march towards İstanbul in joy. May no one prevent this, we are prepared against all sorts of crackdowns and provocation. I especially told you on Tuesday that we prepared a circular of 12 articles. All of the participants have abided by this circular.”

Kılıçdaroğlu initiated the march in Ankara on June 16 in protest of the arrest of CHP deputy Enis Berberoğlu, who was sentenced to 25 years in prison last week for leaking information for a report on National Intelligence Organization (MİT) trucks transporting weapons to jihadists in Syria. The march, which started in Ankara, will last for 25 days and end at Maltepe Prison, where Berberoğlu is jailed. (SCF with turkishminute.com) June 28, 2017

Take a second to support SCF on Patreon!