Suspected ISIL member confesses his membership to Turkey’s ruling AKP

A twin bombing that took place in Ankara on Oct. 10, 2015 — the deadliest terror attack ever to take place in Turkey, killed 107 people including the two suicide bombers.

Ahmet Berk, a terror suspect who is allegedly linked to Diyarbakır, Suruç and Ankara terror attacks which were realized by terror organization the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), has reportedly said in his police statement that he is still a member of the ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP), according to a report by Evrensel daily.

Terror suspect Berk has reportedly confessed that he was on the scene of terror incidents but he did not participate in the attacks. He has also said he was previously detained over charge of being a member of an “armed organization,” but released by authorities.

Berk is among the thirteen people who were investigated over their alleged relations with Orhan Gönder, a suspect of Diyarbakır bombing on June 5, 2015, which killed 5 people, Şeyh Abdurrahman Alagöz, a suspect of Suruç bombing on July 20, 2015 which killed 34 people and Yunus Emre Alagöz a suspect of Ankara bombings on Oct 10, 2015  which killed 107 people.

According to Evrensel’s report, Ahmet Berk said that he was a member of the AKP Provincial Youth Branch 3-4 years ago and that he is still a member. Berk also said that he went to Aleppo with the help of human smugglers.

He continued his statement as follows: “I went to Aleppo by myself, the smugglers in the area helped me cross the border in exchange of some money. I participated Free Syrian Army (FSA) in order to help the people who were harmed by war in Aleppo. I stayed there for about 7-8 days. During my stay I could not understand who was behind the Free Syrian Army and what it was serving to. This situation also bothered me, I returned to Turkey.”

May 17, 2017

Take a second to support SCF on Patreon!